All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is becoming increasingly clear for those who care to see it, that class struggle is at the core of the crisis which started in 2007. The victory of neoliberalism is closely related to two decades of successful attacks on trade unions, in particular in the west. Progressive research is more than ever needed in order to inform and energise anti-neoliberal struggles. Struggle in a Time of Crisis is a truly global collection of essays by an array of contributors from the Global Labour Column. Its goal is to provide insights into the dynamics of neoliberalism and its persistence - it will stimulate debates about the continued impact of the crisis, focusing on labour as both a victim and a crucial social force which can push for an alternative. Examples of the subjects it covers include the Indonesian Sportswear Industry, Chinese construction companies in Africa, mining in South Africa, job quality in Europe, globalised 'T-shirt ecomics' and the marketisation and securitisation of UK international aid, amongst many others. The Global Labour Column, managed by the Corporate Strategy and Industrial Development research programme at the University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa, is part of the Global Labour University.
- Author BiographyNicolas Pons-Vignon is a Senior Researcher with the Corporate Strategy and Industrial Development at the University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa. His research focuses on industrial development and policy in South Africa, as well as on labour, poverty and development aid. He is the editor of the Global Labour Column. Mbuso Nkosi is a PhD candidate in Development Studies at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. He serves as the co-editor of the Global Labour Column.
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Weight340 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMbuso Nkosi,Nicolas Pons-Vignon
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.