All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Stuart does t like the manuscript. He's after a bestseller, like what Tom Clancy writes . But you are t an assassin trying to frazzle the president with anthrax bombs, I point out. You are an ex-homeless, ex-junkie psychopath, I do t add.' This is the story of a remarkable friendship between a reclusive writer ('a middle-class scum ponce, if you want to be honest about it, Alexander'), and Stuart Shorter, a homeless, knife-wielding thief. Told backwards - Stuart's idea - it starts with a deeply troubled thirty-two-year-old and ends with a 'happy-go-lucky little boy' of twelve. This brilliant biography, winner of the Guardian First Book Award, presents a humbling portrait of homeless life, and is as extraordinary and unexpected as the man it describes.
- Author BiographyAlexander Masters lives in London. His second book, 'The Genius in My Basement', was published in 2011.
- PrizesWinner of Hawthornden Prize 2006 and Guardian First Book Award 2005. Shortlisted for British Book Awards: Biography of the Year 2006 and Whitbread Book Awards: Biography Category 2005 and Samuel Johnson Prize for Non-Fiction 2005.
- Author(s)Alexander Masters
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight240 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.