All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo your students ever get STUCK? Are you searching for ways to get and keep your students engaged in teaching activities? STUCK Strategies is a treasure trove of proven methods for supporting students with disabilities such as autism spectrum disorders, communication disorders, developmental delays, Down Syndrome, and inflexible temperament. The authors' descriptions of each of 15 strategies include instructions for implementation under the headings: BASICS, MATERIALS, EXAMPLES OF THE USE OF THIS STRATEGY TO SUPPORT STUDENTS AWAY FROM STUCK BEHAVIOR, and REFERENCES. In addition, they provide illustrations for easier application in school, home, and community environments. This book is a must-have for any adult who works with students who get STUCK!
- Author BiographyJanice Carroll is a speech-language pathologist and early childhood special educator with 37 years of experience serving children with disabilities and their families. She recently retired from the Los Alamos Public Schools (LAPS) where she was a preschool special education teacher and the SLP on the LAPS District Autism Resource Team. Janice and her husband have two college-age daughters and five rescued dogs. She enjoys reading, living a simple life, and traveling to visit family. Terry Ellis Izraelevitz is an occupational therapist with more than 30 years' experience working with infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children with multiple disabilities. Terry has worked in schools, early intervention programs, day care centers, and as a private practitioner. She currently practices in the Los Alamos Public Schools in Los Alamos, New Mexico, where she serves on the district's Autism Resource Team. She and her husband have three adult sons. In her spare time, she is an outdoor enthusiast and enjoys running, hiking, cycling, and rock climbing.
- Author(s)Janice Carroll,Terry Ellis Izraelevitz
- PublisherAutism Asperger Publishing Co,US
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAutism Asperger Publishing Co,US
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Foreword byChristine Hazard
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.