Student Affairs Assessment: Theory to Practice by Darby Roberts, Gavin W. Henning (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.26Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $77.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the recognition of the integral role of student affairs in student education, and with stakeholders requiring increasing accountability at a time of tight resources, it has become imperative that staff be familiar with and competent in undertaking assessment. This book provides student affairs staff with the grounding they need to integrate assessment into how they design and monitor the programs, services, and activities they create to contribute to students' development. This book is intended both as a text for student affairs and higher education masters programs, and as a practical guide for early career staff who have had little formal preparation in assessment. It can be used for self-study or in professional development workshops. For divisions, departments, or units getting started with assessment, the discussion questions at the end of the chapters can engage staff in the process of developing an effective assessment culture. This book provides a thorough introduction to all aspects of assessment, assuming prior kwledge, and illustrated throughout with examples of application in student affairs settings. Key elements include:* Takes into account the latest standards and competencies defined by AAC&U, ACPA, AER, CAS, NASPA, and others* Introductory and comprehensive* Provides essential background and theory* Covers preparation, planning and design* Describes the full range of assessment methods* Introduces principles and methods of qualitative and quantitative analysis* Guidance on using and sharing results* Addresses cultivating and sustaining a culture of assessment* Considers ethical and political concerns* Covers use of techlogy* Illustrated throughout by examples of practice in student affairs.
- Author BiographyGavin W. Henning is current President of ACPA - College Student Educators International, and Associate Professor of Higher Education and Director of the Master of Higher Education Administration and Doctorate of Education Programs at New England College, USA. He is a founding member of Student Affairs Assessment Leaders (SAAL), and has served on the boards of ACPA and CAS in various capacities. Darby Roberts is director of Student Life Studies in the Division of Student Affairs at Texas A&M University, USA and a faculty member in the Student Affairs Administration and Higher Education master's program. She is a past co-chair for the NASPA Assessment, Evaluation, and Research Knowledge Community, co-editor of Learning is Not a Sprint: Assessing and Documenting Student Leader Learning in Co-curricular Involvement, and a founding member of SAAL.
- Author(s)Darby Roberts,Gavin W. Henning
- PublisherStylus Publishing
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationSterling, VA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStylus Publishing
- Content Note6 figures, 3 tables
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byMarilee Bresciani Ludvik
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.