All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book asks Christian educators-particularly those involved in the student affairs profession-to become more engaged with the idea that the programs offered, classes taught, disciplinary actions dispensed, policies framed, and the like, are the arenas in which Christianity must take shape. The book also challenges educators at n-sectarian institutions to entertain the tion that a Christian view of higher learning in general and the student affairs profession in particular may t only be a plausible alternative but a helpful paradigm as well.Contents: A Framework of Understanding, D. Terry Thomas and David S. Guthrie; Student Affairs in Historical Perspective, Barry J. Loy and William M. Painter; Student Learning and Student Affairs, David S. Guthrie; Christian Higher Education and Christian Student Affairs, David S. Guthrie; Theorizing in Student Affairs from a Christian Perspective, Jeanette Bult De Jong; Model Programs in Student Affairs, Jay H. Barnes and Kate Harrington; Reframing Student Affairs and Higher Learning, Kate Harrington.
- Author BiographyDavid S. Guthrie is Dean of Student Development, Student Life Division and Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Sociology Department at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Author(s)David S. Guthrie
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/07/1997
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight394 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.