All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis issue explores the paradigm shift of student affairs staff from enablers to teachers. It addresses this phemen, beginning with a framing chapter on the act and art of teaching and extending through the first days of the first year, the first-year experience, learning communities, and the seamless web of student and academic affairs that has formed in a small college. The volume concludes with a futuristic examination of the expanding roles and responsibilities of student affairs professionals. The teaching role of student affairs professionals is gaining importance as colleges and universities emphasize retention and graduation of undergraduates. Student affairs professionals play a crucial role in the teaching-learning process. This is the 117th issue of the Jossey-Bass quarterly report series New Directions for Student Services .
- Author BiographyEMILY L. MOORE is professor emerita of educational leadership and policy studies at Iowa State University. In January 2007 she was appointed provost and vice president for academic affairs at Dillard University in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication28/12/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleJ-B SS Single Issue Student Services
- Series Part/Volume Number117
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Weight130 g
- Width158 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byEmily L. Moore
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.