All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does student-centered learning look like in real-life classrooms? In this collection, educator Bill Nave and nine award-winning K-12 teachers tell the story of how and why they changed their teaching and redesigned their classrooms in order to reach every child. They reflect on their successes and struggles to put students in charge of their own learning and reveal strategies that make this possible. These teachers, who mostly work in schools with a high percentage of students living in poverty:* prioritize relationships with students and their families* build supportive classroom cultures at the start of each year* tailor assignments to individual student interests, strengths, and challenges* create opportunities for students to choose how they will demonstrate their learning* seek regular opportunities to connect students to learning outside the classroom. Ultimately, Nave argues, student-centered learning is t just something for special teachers or special schools. On the contrary, it is possible for all teachers- matter what setting they teach in-to become extraordinary and for students to develop and realize their own unique personal goals.
- Author BiographyBill Nave is a program evaluation and research consultant based in Maine, USA. From 1968-1993 he taught sixth- through twelfth-grade science to students in New York and Maine and created programs for at-risk students and high school dropouts. He was selected as Maine's 1990 Teacher of the Year, and was a finalist for National Teacher of the Year.
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBill Nave
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.