All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book develops a comprehensive understanding of the motivations and experiences of students who choose to study abroad for the whole or part of a degree. It includes case studies of students from East Asia, Europe and the UK, and considers the implications of their movement for contemporary higher education.
- Author BiographyRACHEL BROOKS Professor of Education at Brunel University, UK and co-convenor of the British Sociological Association's Youth Study Group. Her research focuses on the internationalization of education, citizenship education and political engagement, and young people's experiences of education and training. She is author of Friendship and Educational Choice. JOHANNA WATERS Senior Lecturer in the School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Birmingham, UK. Previously, she worked for six years in the Department of Geography at the University of Liverpool, UK. She has published widely on transnational migration and international education and has conducted extensive fieldwork in Canada, the UK and Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Johanna Waters,Rachel Brooks
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight455 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.