All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudent mobility is an issue that affects school districts large and small across the nation. Schools can do very little to control the causes of mobility, but a great deal can be done to reduce the negative effects for mobile students through effective planning and consistent practices. Schools must focus on collaborative efforts to provide a welcoming environment for all families, assuring a positive transition for every student at any point during the school year. Mobility is rarely convenient or planned. Children are t in control of the choices that result in frequent school changes. Our job as educators is to help all students effectively transition into new schools, making connections with other students, staff members, and the community. In doing so, they are given the best chance of social and academic success for however long they are in our care.
- Author BiographyDr. Jane Stavem is an author, administrator, and educator from the Capital city of Nebraska. Her experiences in districts both large and small contribute to a broad perspective on current issues in education.
- Author(s)Jane Stavem
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight186 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.