Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis handy supplement shows students how to come to the answers shown in the back of the text. It includes solutions to all of the odd numbered exercises. The text itself: In this second edition, master expositor Sheldon Ross has produced a unique work in introductory statistics. The text's main merits are the clarity of presentation, examples and applications from diverse areas, and most importantly, an explanation of intuition and ideas behind the statistical methods. To quote from the preface, it is only when a student develops a feel or intuition for statistics that she or he is really on the path toward making sense of data. Consistent with his other excellent books in Probability and Stochastic Modeling, Ross achieves this goal through a coherent mix of mathematical analysis, intuitive discussions and examples.
- Author BiographySheldon M. Ross is a professor in the Department of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research at the University of Southern California. He received his Ph.D. in statistics at Stanford University in 1968. He has published many technical articles and textbooks in the areas of statistics and applied probability. Among his texts are A First Course in Probability, Introduction to Probability Models, Stochastic Processes, and Introductory Statistics. Professor Ross is the founding and continuing editor of the journal Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, and a recipient of the Humboldt US Senior Scientist Award.
- Author(s)Sheldon M. Ross
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight840 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.