All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRaise the academic bar for your students and watch their confidence and student success skills increase. STUDENT SUCCESS IN COLLEGE: DOING WHAT WORKS! offers an accessible and relevant way for students to move beyond opinions and advice about how to succeed in college by offering an integrated approach of researched back student success practices paired with student success research studies. Your students will find success as they learn how to put the information on skills for success into practice as they strive to accomplish their academic goals. With an overall theme of reading, critical thinking and information literacy skills, STUDENT SUCCESS IN COLLEGE will help students feel comfortable with the structure of research study articles, making it more likely that they will use these higher level sources earlier in their academic careers. By providing students with shared content that is relevant and meaningful, they can practice skills they can apply immediately to their other classes. The 7 chapters in the text covers key strategies for success in college including how to use campus resources, staying motivated, setting goals, making good decisions, staying positive and establishing a support system, using memory techniques and taking tes, and preparing for tests.
- Author BiographyDr. Christine Harrington is a professor in the History and Social Sciences department and serves as the director for the Center for the Enrichment of Learning and Teaching, a professional development center for faculty, at Middlesex County College in New Jersey. She is a licensed psychologist with a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from Lehigh University, an M.A. in Counseling and Personnel Services, and a B.A. in Psychology from Trenton State College. She has been teaching the Student Success Course at the community college level for over 15 years, often teaching special sections for students with learning disabilities. In addition to teaching the Student Success course, Dr. Harrington's teaching experience includes Introduction to Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology, Educational Psychology, Child Psychology, and Lifespan Development, teaching many of these courses in an online format as well as the traditional in person format. Prior to teaching full time, she worked in the Counseling and Career Services Department for seven years, serving students with disabilities, as well as the general campus population. Dr. Harrington also served as the Assessment Coordinator for her campus, providing workshops, consultation and support to academic and service areas assessing courses, programs, and services. Dr. Harrington frequently presents at national conferences, colleges and universities on topics such as motivation, the syllabus, dynamic lecturing, and effective group work. Her research based approach to the student success course was featured in an article published in E-Source for College Transitions. Dr. Harrington was also invited to write a chapter on the developmental process of becoming a critical thinker for an upcoming book to be published by the National Resource Center for the First-Year Experience.
- Author(s)Alice Picardo,Christine Harrington,Elaine Weir-Daidone
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight560 g
- Width215 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.