All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile student voice has been well-defined in research, how to sustain youth-adult leadership work is less understood. Students are rarely invited to lead school reform efforts, and when they are, their voice is silenced by the structural arrangements and socio-cultural conditions found in schools. This volume investigates problems with the neoliberal school reform movement, and how youth-adult partnerships have resulted in more effective reforms within schools and community organizations nationally and internationally. Stemming from an eight-year ethgraphic study at a civic-themed public high school, the volume highlights the process of creating a school governance structure which produces active and informed citizens. Made up of executive, legislative and judicial branches, the program gives students the power to make, implement and review school policies and practices-a model that has found to effectively distribute leadership and trigger organizational learning, and is thus at the forefront of civic education.
- Author BiographyMarc Brasof is Assistant Professor of Education in the Department of Leadership of Education Equity and Excellence at Arcadia University, PA, USA.
- Author(s)Marc Brasof
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/06/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Educational Leadership
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.