All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do you say to a child who is struggling to understand the difference between a square and a diamond? How do you explain to an 11 year old how to measure the circumference of a circle? This Student Workbook reinforces and applies concepts introduced in Derek Haylock's Mathematics Explained for Primary Teachers. With over 500 tested questions endorsed by primary PGCE trainees, along with detailed solutions and explanatory tes, the Student Workbook helps you gain the confidence you need to understand, apply and teach the primary maths curriculum. *Checking Understanding tasks help you check your understanding of key concepts and principles *Using and Applying tasks encourage you to apply mathematical concepts to real life situations. *Learning and Teaching tasks introduce you to common errors and misconceptions children learning numeracy struggle with, and help you consider how best to support them. Visit the companion website for Mathematics Explained for Primary Teachers to take advantage of even more learning resources, such as step by step solution videos, additional practice questions and access to Derek Haylock's blog. Derek Haylock is an education consultant and author. He has worked for over 30 years in teacher education. Ralph Manning is a lecturer in Primary Education at the University of East Anglia, with subject responsibilities in Mathematics and PE.
- Author BiographyDerek Haylock is an education consultant and writer in the field of mathematics education. He is a Senior Fellow in Education at the University of East Anglia, Norwich, where he worked for over 30 years in primary teacher training and in education research. He is a major author in education, with a large number of published books and chapters in books. His best-selling Mathematics Explained for Primary Teachers (Sage) has been the leader in the field for many years, with a fourth edition published in 2010. Derek's work is characterized by a commitment to explain mathematics in simple and accessible ways and to enable the subject to be taught and learnt with understanding and confidence. He is married, with two grown-up daughters and three grandsons. Outside of mathematics, he is a Free Church elder, plays the trumpet, and is passionate about classical music, cricket, walking (quickly) and cycling (slowly). Derek Haylock has a website at: http://derek-haylock.blogspot.com/ Ralph Manning is an independent consultant in primary education. He has worked as a primary teacher and as a lecturer in primary teacher education for 18 years, following an earlier career in the IT industry. Ralph led the mathematics and physical education programmes for the Primary PGCE at the University of East Anglia until 2013. His other specific interests are in developing children's higher thinking skills, assessment for learning and planning for teaching effectively. He was a former founding member of the General Teaching Council for England and is engaged in supporting developing education projects in India.
- Author(s)Derek Haylock,Ralph Manning
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/06/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width185 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.