All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the experiences of young people as they move through the Irish secondary educational system. Drawing on a rich study which combines survey data with in-depth interviews with students, it addresses the key facets of schooling which influence young people's experiences. With chapters organised thematically, including ability grouping, school climate and the impact of high stakes examinations, the central dimensions of school structure and process is explored. Placing young people's voices centre stage, it explores how they respond to the school context and make decisions that will profoundly affect their future. This book contrasts different types of school settings and examines how gender and social class play out at the school level.
- Author BiographyEmer Smyth is Research Professor, and Head of the Social Research Division, at the Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), Ireland. She is also Adjunct Professor at Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. She has published widely on school effects and student experiences, and recently co-edited Religious Education in a Multicultural Europe.
- Author(s)Emer Smyth
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication19/08/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note29 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight462 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.