Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis brief mograph is an in-depth study of the infinite divisibility and self-decomposability properties of central and ncentral Student's distributions, represented as variance and mean-variance mixtures of multivariate Gaussian distributions with the reciprocal gamma mixing distribution. These results allow us to define and analyse Student-Levy processes as Thorin subordinated Gaussian Levy processes. A broad class of one-dimensional, strictly stationary diffusions with the Student's t-marginal distribution are defined as the unique weak solution for the stochastic differential equation. Using the independently scattered random measures generated by the bi-variate centred Student-Levy process, and stochastic integration theory, a univariate, strictly stationary process with the centred Student's t- marginals and the arbitrary correlation structure are defined. As a promising direction for future work in constructing and analysing new multivariate Student-Levy type processes, the tion of Levy copulas and the related analogue of Sklar's theorem are explained.
- Author BiographyProf. Grigelionis is a senior research fellow at the Institute of Mathematics and Informatics of Vilnius University, member of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences and the International Statistical Institute. He has done extensive research in stochastic analysis and its applications. These include the semimartingale characterisation of stochastic processes with conditionally independent increments and solutions of stochastic Ito's equations, stochastic nonlinear filtering equations, optimal stopping of stochastic processes - joint research with A. Shiryaev - criteria of weak convergence of stochastic processes - joint research with R. Mikulevicius - etc. His current research topics are the properties of mixed Gaussian distributions and related stochastic processes.
- Author(s)B. Grigelionis
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication18/09/2012
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Statistics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight170 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.