All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a road map for all school leaders as they attempt to improve the achievement of students with disabilities. In today's accountability system, school personnel are responsible for ensuring that all groups of students, including students with disabilities, show sufficient progress. If the disability subgroup fails to meet accountability standards, then the school (and the district) can be labeled as a 'needs improvement' school. This book is designed for principals, assistant principals, general educators and special educators. It focuses on two main goals. First, it clearly describes the instructional components that must be implemented across the school to increase the achievement of students with disabilities. Second, it describes a step-by-step process that the school's leadership team must undertake to enable all teachers to provide those instructional components. This book provides a description of what instruction should look like in every classroom across the school for students with disabilities and how to make this happen.
- Author BiographyJohn O'Connor has led school improvement initiatives at the state and local level during his 20 years in public education. He is currently the Executive Director for Special Services with the DeKalb County School System in metro Atlanta. He has provided training to over 100 district, state, and national audiences. This is John's third book. He co-wrote, Students with Disabilities Can Make AYP and wrote Turning Average Instruction into GREAT Instruction. John lives in Stockbridge, Georgia with his wife, Shawn, and two sons, J.T. and Luke.
- Author(s)John O'Connor
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight254 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.