Studies in Ancient Greek and Roman Society by Cambridge University Press (Hardback, 2004)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis 2004 collection of papers includes some of the most invative history written about Greece and Rome. The volume offers a convenient and enthralling guide to important issues and topics in Greek and Roman history, maps the changing interests of ancient historians and raises stimulating questions about historical method. The contributors to the volume represent many of the most exciting and influential ancient historians who have been active in the last quarter century. An introduction by the editor, which places the papers in the wider context of changing interests in Greek and Roman history, sets the scene for papers on Greek warfare, the regulation and representation of women and the nature and study of homosexual relationships in Athens, the relationship between Rome and its empire, whether Rome was democratic, the ideology of Augustan Rome, games and gaming at Rome, the lives of slaves, the ancient interpretation of dreams, the nature of religious pilgrimage, early Christian martyr stories, and bandits in the Roman empire.
- Author BiographyRobin Osborne is Professor of Ancient History, University of Cambridge.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2004
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitlePast and Present Publications
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus.
- Weight710 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byRobin Osborne
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.