Studies in Applied Interpersonal Communication by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $98.12Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 16 Mar
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudies in Applied Interpersonal Communication offers solutions for communication problems that erupt in our daily lives. By focusing on socially meaningful applied research in communication, this book offers a new direction for interpersonal communication studies. Featuring original studies that are practical and relevant, chapters provide readers with a balanced combination of rigorous research with pragmatic application. This book will generate enthusiasm among students and scholars and inspire future research that moves beyond the theoretical and toward the practical. Key Features and Benefits Includes solid research by a distinguished group of communication scholars Clarifies the connections between research results and prescriptive application Reveals the importance of conducting research targeting the communication concerns of the general public Provides practical advice that is meaningful to everyday lives and encourages future research that can benefit society Intended Audience This provocative book is an ideal supplement for graduate or advanced undergraduate courses such as Interpersonal Communication, Relational Communication, Empirical Research Methods, and Applied Communication.
- Author BiographyMichael T. Motley (Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University; M.A. & B.A., University of Texas) conducts research concerned with the interpersonal tactics and message strategies that individuals use in the context of problematic social interactions (for example, sexual harassment, unrequited romance, sexual aggres-siveness/date rape, and disclosures concerning sexually transmitted diseases). Motley is best known for his work on laboratory-induced slips of the tongue (e.g., Freudian slips) as indicators of cognitive proc-essing in speech. He won the 1987 and 1990 Aubery Fisher Awards for the best article in Western Jour-nal of Communication. In 1987 he was recognized by a special Eastern Communication Association panel as being among the Top 1% of the discipline's scholars in research productivity during the 1980's. He has been an associate editor for several journals and has held several offices within National Com-munication Association and Western States Communication Association. Motley has taught both graduate and undergraduate level courses concerned with interpersonal message strategies and tactics.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/06/2008
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight435 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byMichael T. Motley
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.