All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with bilingual education in general, but it pays special attention to bilingual education in molingual areas. One central aim is to study the effects of bilingual programmes during the final stages of Primary and Secondary Education in contexts where the L2 (English) is t rmally used as an instrument of social communication in the students' environment, but instead is used only at school, where some subject areas are undertaken totally or partially in this language. The reader interested in bilingual education will find a valuable source of information on different bilingual programmes in the USA and Spain: what schools do and the contents they teach, their timetable and extracurricular activities; the specific objectives that they aim to achieve and the methodology they use, with special reference to the CLIL approach, the schools and the students' level of success with bilingual education, the most common problems that they have to face in molingual areas and how to solve them.
- Author BiographyDaniel Madrid is Professor of TEFL at the Faculty of Education of the University of Granada, giving EFL methodology courses for Primary and Secondary teachers. He has promoted and coordinated several student exchange programmes with European universities and has published a considerable number of articles, chapters and books on ELT. He has also produced a wide variety of teaching materials for primary and secondary education as well as university students, and has directed and carried out several research projects on various educational issues. Stephen Hughes has a PhD in Applied Linguistics from the University of Granada. His professional activities currently include secondary school management, language teaching and teacher training. His research interests include the application of quality management models in language education which originally stem from his role as coordinator of Quality Commissions in two secondary schools, his participation in the ECML QualiTraining project and his doctoral thesis on the identification of contextualised quality indicators in English language teaching.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication07/05/2011
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number122
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note99, tables and graphs
- Weight660 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byDaniel Madrid,Stephen Hughes
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.