All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionStudies in Eighteenth-Century Culture reflects new and highly promising directions of research in the field. The latest volume contains essays by Paula R. Backscheider on theatrical spectacle and by April London on anecdote in Sarah Fielding, as well as considerations of translation in Dennis by Sarah B. Stein, of family in Defoe by Ann Campbell, of ideology in Fantomina by Patricia Comitini, of popular music in Rousseau by Rebecca Dowd Geoffroy-Schwinden. In addition, readers will find studies of the body in Berkeley by Joanne E. Myers, of prostitution in Restif de la Bretonne by Rori Bloom, of ruins in Lazzaro Spallanzani by Sabrina Ferri, of Arthur Murphy's female characters by Barbara Mackey King, and of recent film adaptations of the century's masterworks by Karen Gevirtz.
- Author BiographyTimothy Erwin is a professor of English at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. He also edited volumes 28-30 of Studies in Eighteenth-Century Culture. Michelle Burnham is a professor of English at Santa Clara University. She is author of Folded Selves: Colonial American Writing in the World System and editor of A Separate Star: Selected Writings of Helen Hunt Jackson.
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication16/05/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note24, 24 figures
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMichelle Burnham,Timothy Erwin
- Interest AgeFrom 17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.