All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume complements the selections of Wilferd Madelung's articles previously published by Variorum (Religious Schools and Sects in Medieval Islam, Religious and Ethnic Movements in Medieval Islam and Studies in Medieval ShA ism). The first sections contain articles examining intellectual and historical aspects of Mutazilism, the IbAua,iiyya, a,anafism and MAuturidism, Sufism and Philosophy. The final group of articles focuses on aspects of early Muslim history. A detailed index completes the volume.
- Author BiographyWilferd Madelung was Laudian Professor of Arabic at the University of Oxford, and is an Emeritus Fellow of St John's College, Oxford, UK. Sabine Schmidtke is Director of the Research Unit on Intellectual History of the Islamicate World and Professor in the Institute of Islamic Studies at the Freie UniversitAt, Berlin, Germany.
- Author(s)Wilferd Madelung
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/03/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleVariorum Collected Studies Series
- Series Part/Volume Number1021
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Weight680 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Edited byProfessor Dr. Sabine Schmidtke
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $21.26Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $18.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.