Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book looks at how historical linguists accommodate the written records used for evidence. The limitations of the written record restrict our view of the past and the conclusions that we can draw about its language. However, the same limitations force us to be aware of the particularities of language. This collection blends the philological with the linguistic, combining questions of the particular with generalizations about language change.
- Author BiographyD. Chapman, Brigham Young University; C. Moore, University of Washington, Seattle; M. Wilcox, Brigham Young University, Provo, USA.
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication26/09/2016
- Series TitleTopics in English Linguistics [TIEL]
- Series Part/Volume Number94
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintDe Gruyter Mouton
- Weight561 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byColette Moore,Don Chapman,Miranda Wilcox
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.