All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book discusses methodological issues relating to the philosophy of science and the natural and social sciences. It reconstructs the methods of measurement and scientific explanation, the relation of data, phemena and mechanisms, the problem of theory-ladenness of explanation and the problem of historic explanation. From the sciences chosen for methodological analysis are those of early classical mechanics, early thermodynamics, Bohr's theory of atom, early quantum mechanics, research into great apes and political ecomy.
- Author BiographyIgor Hanzel is a senior researcher at the Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia. His special field of interest is the methodology of natural and social sciences, theory construction, and methods of measurement.
- Author(s)Igor Hanzel
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight480 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.