All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume centres on the collaborative work of Ivan Berend and GyA rgy RA!nki, begun in Hungary in the 1950s and continuing till Ranki's death in 1988, but includes papers by each individually as well as those written jointly. The subject is the social and ecomic history of Central and Eastern Europe in the 19th and 20th centuries, with a particular focus upon Hungary. The first part looks at the troubled German-Hungarian relations during Hitler's rule; although focusing on Hungary, it also provides an understanding of the ecomic ties between Germany and Central and Eastern Europe during the turbulent war years. The ecomic and political problems of the region in the interwar years are dealt with in the second part. Two of the four studies in the final section present the efforts and strict limitations of reforms in state socialist Hungary. The other two analyze the post-communist ecomic transformation of Central and Eastern Europe during the 1990s in a broad international context.
- Author BiographyIvan T. Berend and Gyorgy Ranki
- Author(s)Gyorgy Ranki,Ivan T. Berend
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/03/2002
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleVariorum Collected Studies
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight649 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.