All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book acts as a primer for all international students from n-English speaking backgrounds intending to complete a postgraduate course at a Western university.It provides an acute focus on the skills needed for postgraduate study. It offers models of good and bad practice. It takes a practical approach with activities and suggestions to ensure a smooth transition from undergraduate to independent study. It is written by a postgraduate learning specialist with over twenty years experience.This book provides a clear, comprehensive study guide for the increasing number of international students embarking on graduate degrees in Western universities. The topics covered include dealing with the culture shock, improving language, study skills and the types of research skills required on postgraduate courses.
- Author BiographyMARTIN DAVIES is Acting Directorat the Teaching and Learning Unit,Faculty of Business and Economics,University of Melbourne, Australia.Heis the author of a number of books and haswritten papers for a diverse rangeof scholarly journals.His research interests include critical thinking skills, postgraduate learning, computer-aided argument mapping, evaluation and assessment, history of philosophy, and philosophy of mind.
- Author(s)Martin Davies
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication25/08/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitlePalgrave Study Skills
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note30 figures, 31 tables, 2 line drawings
- Weight502 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.