All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo civilized culture has failed to recognize the importance of education. And it is widely ackwledged that in today's fast-paced society, success depends on the ability to swiftly understand and use information. What lies behind the crisis in education? Are some subjects simply hard to teach? Are some teachers just t good at imparting kwledge? The proposed solutions are as varied as the problems, but many are based on labeling students as unable to learn, instead of identifying the real failure. In researching the field of education over three decades, Ron examined the entire learning process, very much including the ability to apply what has been taught. He made what amounts to an historic and broad sweeping breakthrough, isolating the single common deminator to the diverse problems besetting all education. Rather than merely addressing a particular subject or branch of kwledge, he discovered a crucial undercut wholly omitted from educational systems since time immemorial. Specifically, there has never been an education in study itself. What Ron isolated and identified are the exact obstacles that deny understanding of any subject, or more specifically, the barriers to study. With the new kwledge of how these barriers are the cause of failed education and its many consequences, Ron developed a fully workable solution-what has become kwn as Study Techlogy. Here, then, is the first actual techlogy of how to study any subject or field of endeavor and gain the ability to use and apply what has been learned.
- Author BiographyAuthor, humanitarian and Founder of Dianetics and Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard is one of the most acclaimed figures of the modern age. In a writing career spanning more than half a century, he was both a leading light of American fiction and the author of more than 35 million words of nonfiction--the single most embracive statement on the human mind and spirit, providing the only road to total spiritual freedom. To date, more than 320 million copies of his works are in circulation worldwide, in 71 languages. All told, those works comprise over 3.000 recorded lectures and some 1.084 written publications, including nineteen New York Times bestsellers. Accordingly, and in testament to the magnitude of his literary legacy, there are his four Guinness World Records: most published author, most translated author, the author with the most audiobook titles and the single most translated non-religious work. Yet the essence of L. Ron Hubbard's legacy is perhaps best expressed in his simple declaration: I like to help others and count it as my greatest pleasure in life to see a person free himself of the shadows which darken his days. These shadows look so thick to him and weigh him down so that when he finds they are shadows and that he can see through them, walk through them and be again in the sun, he is enormously delighted. And I am afraid I am just as delighted as he is.
- Author(s)L. Ron Hubbard
- PublisherBridge Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Series TitleClassic Lectures Series
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBridge Publications Inc
- Weight180 g
- Width136 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time84
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $34.22Trending at AU $38.86
- AU $32.09Trending at AU $37.42
- AU $18.92Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $15.19Trending at AU $19.84
- AU $12.47Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $13.88Trending at AU $16.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.