Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis study reviews the battles and campaigns of Alexander the Great for his use of combined arms tactics. The study reviews the ancient world from the perspective of the Macedonia Empire along with the major personalities of its allies and rivals. After a short review of the early history of the territory and Macedonia's rise to regional power, the study chrologically reviews Alexander's campaign of consolidation, his campaign in Asia Mir, the easter campaign against Persia, the Asiatic campaign, the Indian campaign, and the wars of the Dadochi. This study concludes by showing that the tactics of combined arms were utilized by Alexander the Great. It also demonstrates that Alexander successfully applied military doctrine and made significant development towards the evolution of warfare. His performance of executing tactical river crossings; conducting anti-guerilla warfare, demonstrating the flexibility to operate in mountains, deserts, or cities; the ability to organize, train, re-arm, and maintain discipline within a large army; introducing the use of deception, skirmishers, mounted-infantry, nad field atillery, to name a few are presernted and Alexander's key instruments to victory. Finally, these instrudtment to success are directly related to modern military operations.
- Author(s)Robert B Pederson
- Date of Publication10/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight263 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.