All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA thought-provoking, stimulating volume on the past, present and future of cultural materialism that is both laudatory of Harris' research strategy and critical of it. Paul Shankman, University of Colorado One of the most important anthropologists of all time, Marvin Harris was influential worldwide as the founder of cultural materialism. This book accessibly analyzes Harris's theories and their important legacies today. The chapters explore cultural materialism's epistemology and its relation to rational choice theory, Darwinian social science, and population pressures. The authors assess recent attempts to extend and reformulate cultural materialism and highlight cross-cultural, archaeological, and ethgraphic applications of cultural materialism today.
- Author BiographyLawrence A. Kuznar is Professor of Anthropology at Indiana University-Purdue University, Fort Wayne. He is the author of Reclaiming a Scientific Anthropology (Altamira Press 1997). Stephen K. Sanderson is Professor of Sociology at the University of California-Riverside. He is the author of numerous articles and many books, including Evolutionism and Its Critics (Paradigm 2007).
- Author(s)Lawrence A. Kuznar,Stephen K. Sanderson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.