Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnyone can type a few keywords into a search engine. But that's only the beginning. With Studying Using the Web you can find the right material, check its authenticity, transform it into your own original work and keep up-to-date on essential topics. The book is about how to find the right information, and making the most of it. It shows you how to: * kw what to look for * make the best use of search facilities * gather pictures, sounds and more * make use of the human side of the internet * learn how to test information with a trust CSI kit * collect and structure your information effectively * make text your own * keep up to date. You could stay jogging round the information track. But think how much better you could do with the right techlogy and skills to harness a leading-edge study machine. Move into the study fast track w.
- Author BiographyBrian Clegg has written a range of business and education books, including The Professional's Guide to Mining the Internet (Routledge) and Training Plus (Kogan Page) and three popular science books, including Light Years from Piatkus, and a range of business and personal development titles. His next books, Quantum Entanglement, on the most remarkable phenomenon of the quantum world (St Martins Press), and The Man Who Stopped Time on the motion picture pioneer Eadweard Muybridge (Joseph Henry Press/NAS), due in 2006/7. His most recent title in print, A Brief History of Infinity (Constable & Robinson) was launched with a sell-out lecture at the Royal Institution in London, and has since reached #1 position on Amazon in the general Popular Science category and topped the Amazon popular maths list for over 10 weeks. Along with further appearances at the RI he has spoken at venues from Oxford and Cambridge Universities to Cheltenham Festival of Science, has contributed to radio and TV programmes, and is a popular speaker at schools. Brian is also editor of the successful www.popularscience.co.uk book review website and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. In 1994 he left BA to set up his own creativity consultancy, running courses on the development of new ideas and products, and the creative solution of business problems. His clients include the BBC, the Met Office, British Airways, GlaxoSmithKline, Sony, The Treasury, Royal Bank of Scotland and many other blue-chips. Brian has also written regular columns, features and reviews for numerous publications, including The Guardian, PC Week, Computer Weekly, Personal Computer World, Innovative Leader, Professional Manager, BBC History, Good Housekeeping and House Beautiful. His books have been translated into many languages, including German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Polish, Turkish, Norwegian, Thai and Indonesian.
- Author(s)Brian Clegg
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2006
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight224 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.