All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you a Baby Boomer, child or grandchild of one? STUMP CITY will either jog your memories or give you better insights about life just after WWII and up to 1960. Imagine living without indoor plumbing, a television, or telephone in a time period where a general store sold just about everything you needed and Wal-Mart didn't exist. STUMP CITY shows how a family grows in size through the eyes of a young boy who is troubled by a father who drinks too much and a mother who is beset with too many children and too much to do around the house. The boy meets memorable characters or hears stories about them through his father or grandfather. He has great difficulty trying to figure out where babies come from and comes up with weird ideas about the baby delivery system. As the boy gets older, he becomes intrigued by a beautiful girl in his class. He is sure she could never like him. STUMP CITY will either have you smiling or about to cry as you turn from page to page.
- Author BiographyMike was born in England and has spent all but the first year of his life in the United States. He grew up in Central New York. After a four year tour with the Navy, Mike completed four years of college and began his twenty-nine year teaching career. He has been retired since 2002 and now spends his days cutting firewood, writing, and spending time with his family. He has been married to June for twenty-eight years and has three sons ranging in age from eleven to twenty-five. Stump City is his first book.
- Author(s)Mike Quigley
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication31/05/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.