All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionAs a result of the heavy losses in armoured vehicles, and tanks in particular, on the Eastern Front the assault gun units played an increasingly vital role in supporting the beleaguered infantry and countering Allied armour, The Stumgeschutz was one of the most numerously produced and effectively deployed of the German armoured vehicles. Total production of the Ausf G alone was close to 7000 vehicles; a further 1299 were equipped with the 10.5cm gun as self-propelled howitzers. This book reveals how the Sturmgeschutz provided the backbone of Germany's amoured forces in every theatre and on every front during the long fighting-retreat of the final years of the war.
- Author BiographyPeter Sarson has produced graphic cutaways for many armoured vehicle publications, and is regarded as one of the world's great illustrators of military vehicles. Hilary Louis Doyle, born 1943, is an expert on German armoured vehicles and has written numerous books on AFV's including the Encylopedia of German Tanks. Tom Jentz, bom in 1946, is one of the world's leading AFV researchers and is best known for the Encyclopaedia of German Tanks.
- Author(s)Hilary L. Doyle,Tom Jentz
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/06/2001
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey New Vanguard S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 37
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note40 b&w and 8 colour illustrations, index
- Weight188 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Sarson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.