Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.54+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA new and revolutionary approach to stuttering drawing on neuroscientific advances. Includes practical methodology for reducing stuttering through sensory and motor tools. Totally unlike any other coverage of the subject, this textbook presents a new paradigm for understanding the nature and treatment of stuttering based on recent discoveries in neuroscience. The authors illustrate how visible stuttering manifestations are actually a solution to a central problem, acting as a compensatory mechanism for a central involuntary block, rather than a problem in themselves. This book features methods that reduce stuttering by inhibiting this central block, through the use of sensory and motor tools, tably mirror neurons, and shows readers that stuttering is t a condition that can be effortlessly trained out of the system or eliminated via simple speech retraining. Clinicians and students alike will find this textbook a revolutionary and invaluable resource on stuttering.
- Author BiographyJoseph Kalinowski, Ph.D. Joseph S. Kalinowski, Ph.D. is an associate professor and researcher in the field of stuttering at East Carolina University. He received a master's degree from Northeastern University and his doctorate degree from the University of Connecticut, during which he conducted research at Haskins Laboratories. Dr. Kalinowski is widely published in the field of fluency disorders in both peer-reviewed journals and in the popular media where he has recounted his own problems with stuttering and available treatment options for stutterers. He has over 70 peer-reviewed journal publications in the field of stuttering and is a co-inventor of the SpeechEasy device, an effective tool for the inhibition and management of stuttering. Tim Saltuklaroglu, Ph.D. Tim Saltuklaroglu, Ph.D. is an assistant professor at the University of Tennessee. He received his master's degree in speech-language pathology from the University of Alberta and his doctoral degree from East Carolina University in 2004. He has published papers and made presentations on the effectiveness of stuttering therapy, and has over 20 peer-reviewed journal publications in stuttering.
- Author(s)Joseph Kalinowski,Tim Saltuklaroglu
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content Noteb/w illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.