All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith a foreword by Wayne Hemingway MBE and an introduction by Catherine Croft, director of the Twentieth Century Society, Style Council brings together an inspirational and eclectic selection of interiors from a generation of home owners who are redefining the status of local-authority architecture. From covetable apartments in hip Brutalist high-rises to rural cottages with roses around the door, Style Council peeks behind the curtains of the often unappreciated former council home, into the lives of the creative and resourceful people who live there. The homes featured are unique, yet bound by an upcycling ethos, an innate sense of style and the triumph of dash over cash. Style Council is an essential source book and a goody-bag of ideas for anyone wanting to do up their home - ex-council or t - in style. The book features 15 homes across the UK, with full-colour interior photography by Sarah Cuttle.
- Author BiographySarah Thompson is a journalist and copywriter who has written for the Daily Telegraph, the Guardian, Homes and Antiques and Design Hotels, among others. She lives in a 1953 ex-council house in Bridport, Dorset. Style Council is her first book.
- Author(s)Sarah Thompson
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSquare Peg
- Content NoteFull colour throughout
- Weight942 g
- Width242 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.