All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionLewis Miller's first book features lush, naturally lit still lifes of his beautiful arrangements and compositions. The designer, who has a background in horticulture and landscape design, describes his work as sumptuous nature. Organized by key factors that are considered for each piece-color, composition, movement, shape, and texture-the book is elegantly illustrated with Don Freeman's painterly photographs and explains, arrangement by arrangement, the thoughts and motivations that guided the process. Vivid images of brightly hued poppies, roses, hydrangeas, and tulips explode on each page. Miller also discusses his sources of inspiration, tably seventeenth-century Dutch still lifes. The images and words will give the reader a profound insight into the artistry of flower arranging-providing the impetus to create floral works of one's own. Additional information will cover ways to handle and arrange flowers, prolong the life of an arrangement, and incorporate flowers into special occasions or simply into our everyday lives. The luxurious display of flowers will inspire and delight decorators, gardeners, brides-to-be, and conisseurs of beauty.
- Author BiographyLewis Miller is an acclaimed New York-based floral designer. Since 2002 he has been the proprietor of LMD New York, making flower arrangements and creating party environments for private and corporate clientele, including Givenchy, Chanel, Bergdorf Goodman, Bulgari, and the Whitney Museum. Don Freeman is an accomplished fashion, still life, and interiors photographer. His work appears regularly in the World of Interiors, Elle Decor, and Architectural Digest. Nina Garcia is a fashion journalist, television personality, author, and the creative director of Marie Claire.
- Author(s)Lewis Miller
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note200 Colour Photographs
- Weight1270 g
- Width279 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographs byDon Freeman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.