Subcellular Basis of Contractile Failure: Proceedings of the Symposium Sponsored by the Council of Cardiac Metabolism, International Society and Federation of Cardiology and International Society for Heart Research, May 11-13, 1989, Ottawa, Canada by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Paperback, 2011)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph contains 20 selected papers presented at the Symposium on Subcellular Basis of Contractile Failure which was held in Ottawa during May 11-13, 1989 and is designed for the benefit ofthose who were unable to attend this event. It is w increasingly becoming clear that an excessive amount of calcium is intimately involved in the pathogenesis of a wide variety of heart diseases. Accordingly, the investigations concerning the role of calcium chan- nels and their regulatory mechanisms in heart function as well as of the intra- cellular calcium overload in cardiac dysfunction are presented here. Since sodium is also considered to influence the cardiac contractile force by chang- 2 ing the intracellular concentration of calcium through the Na +-Ca+ exchange 2 mechanism in the cell membrane, the role of Na +-Ca+ exchange in heart func- tion as well as pathology of contractile failure is discussed. In view of the new- ly discovered implications of the oxygen free radicals in cellular injury, papers concerning the role of these radicals in heart disease are included in this book. For the purpose of clarity, different chapters have been organized under three main headings: (I) Role of cations in heart function, (II) Cardiac hypertrophy and cardiomyopathies, and (III) Ischemic heart disease and cardiac failure.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/09/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleDevelopments in Cardiovascular Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Number116
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight534 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBorivoj Korecky,Naranjan S. Dhalla
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.