Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSignificantly updated and expanded, this second edition offers a far more comprehensive and sophisticated treatment of the subject area than can be found in other sources. It revisits the subject of cataloging and analyzes it in the context of today's digital environment, providing a fascinating examination of the components that are crucial for successful and effective subject retrieval in online public access catalogs. From language issues to problems of indexing and classification, this book guides you through the theoretical and practical frameworks of information storage and retrieval in the twenty-first century. An outstanding guide for students and faculty of library and information science, catalogers, librarians, programmers, and database designers.
- Author BiographyHOPE A. OLSON, Associate Professor, School of Library and Information Studies, University of Alberta, is also Editor-in-Chief of Knowledge Organization, the official journal of the International Society for Knowledge Organization. JOHN J. BOLL is Professor Emeritus, School of Library and Information Studies, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- Author(s)Hope A. Olson,John J. Boll
- Date of Publication07/12/2000
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight469 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.