Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionTeachers' kwledge of the subjects they teach has been of enduring interest to governments, the profession and the wider society. In this book, Viv Ellis traces the development of three beginning teachers thinking about their subject kwledge in the context of Standards-based teacher education and the practice of auditing student teachers' subject kwledge. Ellis puts forward a theory of subject kwledge development that moves on from the objectivist and individualistic epistemologies associated with Standards and the practices of auditing to more a contextualist and sociocultural understanding of teachers' cognition and learning. An important implication of this study is that if teacher education wishes to have greater impact on the development of beginning teachers, teacher educators need to pay greater attention to the schools and subject department settings in which these beginning teachers learn.
- Author BiographyViv Ellis is a Lecturer in Educational Studies at the University of Oxford and a Fellow of St Cross College. He has written widely on teacher education and was Vice-Chair of NATE until recently.
- Author(s)Viv Ellis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/04/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight473 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.