All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Subjectivity of 'Differance' , Heecheon Jeon carefully explores the question of living well together in the midst of myriad differences and otherness in our living world. Living well together is t a concept void of naive togetherness of various subjectivities, but rather the disclosure of the repressive subjectivity to welcome strangers to ourselves by sacrificing the very subjectivity. To this end, Jeon t only delves into the deconstruction of subjectivity, but also searches for poetic possibilities of subjectivity without the subject for living well together in Jacques Derrida, Martin Heidegger, Emmanuel Levinas, and Alain Badiou: ethical responsibility, political enunciation, cultural supplementarity, and theological imagination. Beyond the deconstructive critique of metaphysical subjectivity, the possibility of subjectivity without the subject must be investigated in terms of multifaceted aspects of our living together: subjectum, Deus, and communities. Jeon insists that deconstruction radically commands us to say salut! To the other at the brink of a democracy to come.
- Author BiographyHeecheon Jeon is pastor of Corning United Methodist Church in Iowa, and earned his doctorate in philosophy of religion and theology at Claremont Graduate University. His fields of research and publication include poststructuralism (Jacques Derrida, Gilles Deleuze, and Emmanuel Levinas); Martin Heidegger and Friedrich Nietzsche; religion and culture; the philosophy of religion; process theology; religious pluralism; religious epistemology; and contemporary constructive theology - christology.
- Author(s)Heecheon Jeon
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number311
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight390 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.