All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSubjects in Process investigates the human subject in the first decade of the twenty-first century in relation to changing social circumstances and belongings. The concept of 'subjectivity' in the Western tradition has focused on the figure of the automous, self-conscious, and rooted individual. This book develops a conception of the subject that is madic and fluid rather than grounded and complete. Written from a perspective that takes account of globalisation - and the pressures that it places upon individuals and communities - this book draws upon Nietzsche and the post-modern thinkers that followed him. Arguing that a modern conception of the subject must be one based on cultural exchanges and transformations, this book is sure to provide new insights for anyone concerned with or interested in the identity of the individual w and in the future.
- Author BiographyMichael A. Peters is Research Professor of Education at the University of Glasgow (UK) and holds posts as Adjunct Professor of Education at the University of Auckland. He is the author most recently of Poststructuralism and Educational Research (Rowman and Littlefield, 2004). He is Executive Editor of Educational Philosophy and Theory (Carfax) and co-editor of the new on-line journal Policy Futures in Education. Alicia de Alba is Professor of Education at the National Autonomous University of Mexico.
- Author(s)Alicia de Alba,Michael A. Peters
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.