All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionWho can stop a maniacal Russian and his private army? Surely t a handful of Cape Town gangsters and an investment banker/ex-scuba diving instructor. Submerged is an international thriller traversing the pirate-controlled waters off the Horn of Africa, the lethal world of Russian organized crime, the buzzing financial capital London, the rhi slaughter fields of South Africa, the decadence concealed below the brittle veneer of the beautiful City of Cape Town with its adjacent Cape Flats ganglands and the icy, shark-infested waters of the Atlantic. During a high-risk scuba dive at one of the deep dive-sites of the Red Sea, Sophia Popova, a beautiful but troubled Russian heiress, fails in her suicide attempt. A love affair develops between her and her rescuer, dive instructor Leon Jacobs, and she arranges that Leon, also a bright ecomics graduate, joins a major investment bank in London. The bank is owned by Russian billionaire and Sophia's father, Bogdan Popov, who made it big from political favouritism, corruption and invative methods of getting rid of competitors. The love-sick and gullible Leon soon starts drowning in the international syndicated crime world of Popov whose motto is: 'Deal or death'. Meanwhile, Franklin Benjamin, a torious Cape Town gangster, but w retired, tries to live a sober life as a commercial fisherman in a small village off the West Coast of South Africa. But when Franklin's and Leon's paths cross and, after a series of shocking events disrupt the peace and quiet of Franklin's world, he has to make the impossible decision whether to rise up from his hibernation and mobilise his gang. Will Leon escape with his life from the global-reaching claws of Popov? And where will Sophia find the courage and strength to slay the inner demons ruling her existence?
- Author BiographyLouis Wiid resides in Pretoria and Sandton, South Africa with his wife and a bunch of adopted dogs. He qualified as a chartered accountant (SA) and chartered financial analyst (CFA) and therefore, working as a bank risk specialist and auditor, has an in-depth knowledge of the international financial scene and shenanigans. His talent to tell a good story was unearthed when he completed the 'Write a novel course' and more recently the 'Advanced write a novel course' with SA writers college (both with distinction). Submerged is his first novel.
- Author(s)Louis Wiid
- PublisherStaging Post
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintStaging Post
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.