All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- Description* Updated edition of a best-selling title * Author brings 25 years experience to the work * Addresses the key issues of ecomy and environment Marine pipelines for the transportation of oil and gas have become a safe and reliable way to exploit the valuable resources below the world's seas and oceans. The design of these pipelines is a relatively new techlogy and continues to evolve in its quest to reduce costs and minimise the effect on the environment. With over 25years experience, Professor Yong Bai has been able to assimilate the essence of the applied mechanics aspects of offshore pipeline system design in a form of value to students and designers alike. It represents an excellent source of up to date practices and kwledge to help equip those who wish to be part of the exciting future of this industry.
- Author BiographyDr. Yong Bai obtained a Ph.D. in Offshore Structures at Hiroshima University, Japan in 1989. He is currently President of Offshore Pipelines and Risers (OPR Inc., a design/consulting firm in the field of subsea pipelines, risers and floating systems. In the 1990's, he had been a technical leader for several Asgard Transport pipeline and flowline projects at JP Kenny as Manager of the advanced engineering department. Yong was previously a lead riser engineer at Shell and assisted in offshore rules development at the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) as Manager of the offshore technology department. While a professor, he wrote several books and served as a course leader on the design of subsea pipelines and irsers as well as design of floating systems. He also serves at Zhejiang University in China as professor. Dr. Qiang Bai obtained a doctorate for Mechanical Engineering at Kyushu University, Japan in 1995. He has more than 20 years of experience in subsea/offshore engineering including research and engineering execution. He has worked at Kyushu University in Japan, UCLA, OPE, JP Kenny, and Technip. His experience includes various aspects of flow assurance and the design and installation of subsea structures, pipelines and riser systems.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication21/11/2005
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1510 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edited byQiang Bai,Yong Bai
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.