All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAn overview of substance abuse for generalist students, prospective mental health professionals, and allied professionals. Providing a comprehensive overview of the substance abuse field, Substance Abuse: Information for School Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists and Counselors, Fifth Edition combines the accessible writing style and succinct, practical topical coverage that have made it a market-leading resource for generalist students, prospective mental health professionals, and allied professionals. Continuing to cover basic pharmacology, models of addiction, assessment and diagsis, cultural issues, intervention, treatment, recovery, support groups, children and families, other addictions, prevention, and confidentiality in its applied and concise style, this latest edition of Substance Abuse contains expanded coverage of screening and brief interventions, recovery oriented systems of care, spirituality and other current topics as well as a new chapter dedicated to motivational interviewing.
- Author BiographyGary L. Fisher is Professor in the College of Health Sciences at the University of Nevada, Reno. He was the founder and first director of the Center for the Application of Substance Abuse Technologies where he developed undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education activities for addiction counselors, prevention specialists, and allied professionals. Dr. Fisher's career has spanned 38 years and includes work as a private practice clinician and a public school psychologist. In addition to this textbook, he is the author of Rethinking Our War on Drugs: Candid Talk about Controversial Issues (2006), the senior editor of the Encyclopedia of Substance Abuse Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery (2009), and the author of Understanding Why Addicts are Not All Alike: Recognizing the Types and How Their Differences Affect Intervention and Treatment (2011). Thomas Harrison is Associate Dean in the College of Education and Professor of Counseling and Educational Psychology at the University of Nevada, Reno. He developed the initial drug testing program for the University of Florida Athletic Department and has been a consultant for the State of Nevada Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Abuse. Dr. Harrison's career has spanned 35 years in the field, including private counseling, sports psychology, and consulting practice. He is the author of Consultation for Contemporary Helping Professionals (2004) and several articles in professional journals.
- Author(s)Gary L. Fisher,Thomas C. Harrison
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication29/02/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight671 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementUnited States ed of 5th revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.