Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $67.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.10Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by marlowes_books
- Est. delivery by 2 Feb
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe bizarre idea that the earth's interior is hollow and, perhaps, even populated has been put to effective literary use by writers ranging from Edgar Allen Poe and Jules Verne to Rudy Rucker and Edgar Rice Burroughs. This tion had respectability as a scientific hypothesis until the early 1800s, and the theory that the earth is hollow and inhabitable within continues to find believers as an alternative description of the earth to this day. The hollow earth is one of the most important settings in the literature of the imagination that fed into early science fiction. Subterranean Worlds presents a fascinating look at the theme of the hollow earth and its history, as well as the geological theories which produced many of these stories. It excerpts key passages from the major subterranean world fictions, some translated into English for the first time. With helpful introductions to each selection and a comprehensive bibliography, this book is the definitive treatment of this entertaining topic.
- Author BiographyPeter Fitting is Director of the Department of Cinema Studies Program at the University of Toronto and former chair of the Society of Utopian Studies.
- Author(s)Peter Fitting
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication15/12/2004
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleEarly Classics of Science Fiction S.
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Content Note3 b&w illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.