Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis richly illustrated study is the first on the subject and complements the first ever Gordine Retrospective Exhibition, as well as the wide-ranging mograph Dora Gordine: Artist, Sculptor, Designer - described in The Art Newspaper as a 'handsome and well illustrated book'. The book includes fifty of Gordine's finest drawings, the majority of which have never before been reproduced. Illuminating and accessible chapters, informed by the latest research, explore her drawings alongside examples by famous contemporaries such as Aristide Maillol, Frank Dobson, and Eric Kennington; a selection of her striking portraits of the famous and of ordinary people who caught her eye; her compelling and evocative studies of exotic individuals she encountered in South-East Asia in the early 1930's; and preparatory studies for her numerous public commissions.
- Author BiographyJonathan Black is senior research fellow in History of Art at Dorich House Museum, Kingston University. He is the author of books including Edward Wadsworth: Form, Feeling, and Calculation: The Complete Paintings and Drawings (2006), and Dora Gordine: Sculptor, Artist, Designer (2008), and numerous articles.
- Author(s)Frances Lloyd,Jonathan Black
- PublisherPhilip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication30/03/2009
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhilip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Content Note50 bw integrated illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width240 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.