All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) is used by admissions staff as part of the application process to study Medicine or Dentistry at a UK University. With competition for places at an all time high, it is crucial that you are fully prepared for this test. Advanced preparation is key to ensure that you kw what to expect and achieve the best score possible. This interactive guide, which contains practice questions and a complete mock test, aims to help applicants, parents and teachers alike to prepare for and successfully complete the UKCAT. In this guide, Jemini Jethwa and Matt Green: describe the context of the UKCAT within the application process; set out how to approach the five sections of the UKCAT - verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, abstract reasoning, decision analysis and n-cognitive test; provide practice questions for each section to work through as part of the learning process; and, explore time management techniques to ensure optimal performance. In addition it provides a full mock exam to complete under test conditions. Fully updated for 2009, this engaging, easy to use and comprehensive guide is essential reading for anyone serious about excelling in their UKCAT examination.
- Author BiographyMatt Green, BSc (Hons), MPhil After completing his BSc in Biochemistry Matt went on to complete an MPhil at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London. This involved working closely with medical professionals on a number of projects developing novel drugs for the treatment of ovarian cancer. After establishing a private tuition service in 2004, Matt went on to found Apply2Medicine in 2005, and for the last five years has been supporting prospective medical and dental students secure their first choice University place. Jemini Jethwa, BSc (Hons), MSc After completing a BSc in Human Psychology, Jemini went on to complete an MSc in Occupational Psychology at the University of Nottingham. Following extensive experience of compiling psychometric and aptitude tests over the course of her Masters degree, Jemini has been helping prospective medical and dentistry school students revise for the UKCAT since April 2007.
- Author(s)Jemini Jethwa,Matt Green
- Date of Publication23/03/2009
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEntry to Medical School
- Place of PublicationNottingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date25/09/2012
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.