Success in Programming: How to Gain Recognition, Power, and Influence Through Personal Branding by Frederic Harper (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy should you, a competent software developer or programmer, care about your own brand? After all, it's t like you're an actor or musician. In fact, as Success in Programming: How to Gain Recognition, Power, and Influence Through Personal Branding demonstrates in many ways, it's never been more important for you to think about yourself as a brand. Doing so will provide rocket fuel for your career. You'll find better jobs and become the go-to person in various situations. You'll become kwn for your expertise and leadership, and you'll find it easier to strike out on your own. People will seek out your advice and point of view. You'll get paid to speak, write, and consult. What's t to like about becoming a rock star developer? The good news--as Mozilla's senior techlogy evangelist, Frederic Harper, writes--is that it's never been easier to improve your skills, stand out, share more quickly, and grow your network. This book provides the tools you need to build your reputation and enhance your career, starting right w. You'll learn what personal branding is and why you should care about it. You'll also learn what the key themes of a good brand are and where to find the ingredients to build your own, unique brand. Most importantly, you'll understand how to work your magic to achieve your goals and dreams. You'll also learn: * How to use sites like StackOverflow and Github to build both your expertise and your reputation* How to promote your brand in a way that attracts better-paying jobs, consulting gigs, industry invitations, and contract work* How to become visible to the movers and shakers in your specific category of development* How to exert power and influence to help yourself and others Success in Programming: How to Gain Recognition, Power, and Influence Through Personal Branding shows you how to scale your skills, gain visibility, make a real impact on people and within organizations, and achieve your goals. There's need to become a marketing expert or hire a personal branding guru; this book and a desire to grow personally and professionally are all you need to leap to the next level of your career.
- Author BiographyIn the IT world for more than ten years, Frederic Harper started as a developer working with different technologies focusing on Web and mobile development. One day, Frederic got a revelation, and decided to use his social skills to become an evangelist. He spent a few years showing the open qualities of Microsoft, and talking about open source, Web standards, and interoperability. Now, as a senior technical evangelist at Mozilla, Fred shares his passion about the Open Web and helps developers be successful with Firefox OS. An experienced speaker, t-shirt wearer, blogger, passionate hugger, and HTML5 lover, Fred lives in Montreal, and speaks Frenglish. Always conscious about the importance of unicorns and gnomes, he writes about these topics and others at outofcomfortzone.net.
- Author(s)Frederic Harper
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight270 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $32.62New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $16.55Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.34Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.38Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $20.19Trending at AU $30.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.