Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- Description'Extremely comprehensive and well written in terms of style - accessible to the reader, but intelligent and expressing some fairly subtle concepts. Would that more ELT practitioners could do the same!...Certainly a good read for those thinking about and also those engaged in initial training - or even post initial training stage' - Jenny Pugsley, Head of TESOL, Trinity College London 'It's essential reading whether you are simply curious about what is involved in training in ELT, need advice on choosing the right course, have already enrolled and want to make the most of your course, or are a new teacher just starting out. It's a book I wish I'd had when I was starting out in my ELT career, and that I wish had been available to many of the course participants I have tutored' - Lyn Strutt, ELT author and Chair of the British Council Families Association Each year, thousands of people all over the world take one of the hundreds of available short pre-service courses that lead to the award of a certificate in English Language Teaching (ELT) or Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Caroline Brandt's book is an invaluable guide to anyone thinking of enrolling on one of these courses. With a clear and concise structure that follows your general interest in TESOL right through to the intricacies of the course itself, it can be used from initial research stages to final qualifications, and beyond. Brandt's decades of experience in this field across the globe shine through. Chapters include: -introducing English Language Teaching -becoming qualified -kwing your certificate course -getting started -learning -working together -being qualified. Throughout the book there are snapshots of students' experiences in their own words, and summaries of key points for you to take with you - whether into the next stage of learning or the next day's teaching. The chapters are stand alone resources as well as the building blocks to becoming a fully-qualified English Language teacher. The book is supported by a companion website, which provides quizzes to test understanding of each chapter, lesson plan proformas, a full glossary and antated website links.
- Author BiographyCaroline Brandt is Assistant Professor at the Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, where she teaches academic communication skills to undergraduates.
- Author(s)Caroline Brandt
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2006
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.