All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are many resources on grant writing in science, techlogy and medicine, but most do t provide the practical advice needed to write the narratives of grant proposals. Designed to help vice and experienced investigators write compelling narratives and acquire research funding, this is a detailed guide to the content, organisation, layout, phrasing, and scientific argumentation of narratives. The authors draw on more than twenty years of research and analysis of grant proposals, having worked extensively with investigators at different levels, from pre-doctoral students to senior scientists. They have used this experience to design a framework for scientific writing that you can apply directly to narratives. The guidelines and advice offered are applicable across many funding agencies, including the NIH and NSF. Featuring many real-life examples, the book covers a range of topics, from organisational alternatives to best practices in grammar and editing, overview visuals, and working with contributors.
- Author BiographySandra Oster is a discourse linguist and a freelance scientific writer and editor through Oster-Edits, specializing in grant proposals and research papers. She has worked for over thirty years in grant writing, eleven years of which were at Oregon Health and Science University. She continues to give seminars on grant writing, research paper writing, and scientific English within and outside the USA. Paul Cordo is a Professor of Biomedical Engineering at Oregon Health and Science University and Chief Technology Officer for AMES Technology, Inc., a medical device start-up company that he founded. He has been funded by NIH grants for over thirty years as a basic and clinical neuroscientist, and brings practical expertise - as a writer, reviewer, and manager of grants - to this book.
- Author(s)Paul Cordo,Sandra Oster
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus. 20 tables
- Weight570 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.