Successful Remembering and Successful Forgetting: A Festschrift in Honor of Robert A. Bjork by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $103.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $168.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe chapters in this volume are testament to the many ways in which Robert Bjork's ideas have shaped the course of research on human memory over four decades. It showcases the theoretical advances and recent findings by researchers whose work and careers have been influenced by Bjork. The first group of chapters explore the idea that forgetting is an adaptive response to the demands of a retrieval system fraught with competition - an idea that has helped recalibrate conceptualizations of memory away from one in which in which the computer is the dominant metaphor. Several chapters then review the application of research on learning and memory to enhancing human performance, reflecting Bjork's staunch commitment to translating his findings and theories to real-world settings. Later chapters address topics that are relevant to the translation of cognitive psychology to human performance, and in particular recognize the critical role of metacognition in such problems. The final chapters cover a variety of issues related to how remembering can be enhanced, and how research on remembering can be profitably guided by the use of mathematical modeling. This volume will appeal to researchers and graduate students of human learning, memory, and forgetting, and will also benefit an audience working in applied domains, such as training and education.
- Author BiographyAaron Benjamin is Professor of Psychology and a faculty member of the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He is Associate Editor of the Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition and Co-President of the International Association for Metacognition.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/12/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures, charts, graphs
- Weight872 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAaron S. Benjamin
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.