All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComprehensive reference to successful service design for the telecommunications industry Telecommunications companies operate in increasingly competitive environments. The companies that survive and excel are those offering the most compelling range of products and services. These services are complex since they touch all aspects of business. Service design and implementation skills are therefore the key for staying on top of the competition. Successful Service Design for Telecommunications provides a comprehensive guide into service design and implementation. The author provides a consistent approach to designing scalable and operable processes that can be used when designing a variety of techlogically based services; offering concepts, principles and numerous examples that the readers can easily adapt to their techlogical environment. Key features: Defines what telecommunications services are from business, technical and operational perspectives Explains how telecommunications services can be implemented, including implementation strategies for both new service introductions and enhancements to existing services The principles and management processes described can be used on all telecommunications services (fixed, mobile, broadband and wireless) and techlogy (e.g. IT and Internet) based services Includes references to the current best practices and industry standards and complements the eTom and the OSS/ BSS models proposed by the TeleManagement Forum Features numerous real-life scenarios and examples to support the discussion on the key concepts of service design This book will be of interest to managers, service designers, project managers, IT professionals, operation managers and senior executives who work in the telecommunications sector. University students studying telecommunications, IT and service science courses will also find this text insightful.
- Author BiographySauming Pang, MFY Ltd, Hong Kong Sauming Pang is Marketing Manager of i-D eyes optical for MFY Ltd. She has of hands-on experience throughout the software and service development life-cycle in the telecommunication industry, having previously worked for Energis Communications Ltd and BT in areas such as Product & Services Development, System Integration and Verification & Testing. A Chartered Engineer (CEng) Sauming Pang is also a member of the Institute of Engineering & Technology (IET), British Computer Society (BSC) and the Hong Kong Institute of Engineers of which she was the Hon. Treasurer (UK Chapter) 2003 - 2005.
- Author(s)Sauming Pang
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/2009
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight780 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.